Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Swell Illustration Friday



She was so proud of her children, her heart simply swelled when she watched them. How magical and special the connection to them was. In busy times it was taken for granted, it took the moments of reflection for their presence to be truly appreciated.
A watercolor and digital take on the same sketch which one do you think works best?

This little watercolor crept in stealthily just like a cat on soft paws, the way that the love of a pet can creep into your life.
This young mans heart swelled when ever he looked at her, whenever he thought of her. The fact that she liked him made it all the more overwhelming.

6 comments:

Kristin Dudish said...

They are both great, but I have to say that I love your watercolors :)

xo
Kristin

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

I'm a purist...I like them both, but I love the little watercolor. Also, I especially love the little girl and the cat. Simple, sweet...well done!

EVA said...

Wonderful pieces! Both are great - I can just see them playing on the beach.

Joni Nickrent said...

Wonderful paintings...love the soft watercolor style!

Theresa said...

Lovely illustrations & watercolor work.

Victoria said...

Wow..such beautiful work! Love the cat especially ...and the flow and style and lightness to all your pieces!!
Victoria