Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gesture Illustration Friday

 He had never brought flowers to a girl before but as a gesture of his true affections....A little play with watercolor and digital coloring.
 As a gesture of kindness she prepared the guest room for her visitors. Fresh flowers, water with lemon & mint, a selection of good books to browse. The bed turned down for the late arrival, a picture of comfort.
 Again a play with both watercolor and digital painting, which do you think is more appealing?
 As a gesture to her creative nature she made her wedding gown. It became a creation of borrowed, old and recycled as she used old family lines to baste together a bit of history.

10 comments:

Sandy Coleman said...

These are so beautiful.:-)

carol l mckenna said...

Love your style ~ and the gestures are sketched so wonderfully ~ happy creating ~ Hope you will come by and visit my blogs ~ Share the Creative Journey and A Creative Harbor ~ thanx ^_^

Maron said...

Wow! I really enjoyed my visit to your site. You are very talented. I smiled when I saw your "stay" picture for Illustration Friday as we were both thinking along the same lines! =)

B @ Sweet Limes said...

I love the way you handle watercolours, so I am partial to all three of your watercolours. What beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

I love your watercolors. There is a depth to them that just seems lacking in the digital paintings, with the exception of the turned down bed. That one is quite nice.

Catharine said...

Thanks for your comments. I do love watercolors but it is interesting to learn digital skills. It keeps the brain working :o

Indigene said...

Beautiful style, mood setting and narrative! Bravo!

Julie Jordan Scott said...

lovely, lovely oh so lovely.

I find the addition of digital to watercolor fascinating. Had never conceived of it before... wow!

Grateful to find you via CED2011 today!

Cowgirl Red said...

Fun and beautiful. This type of artwork is new to me. xoxo Terah

Geckostone said...

These are wonderful and I love that you have done them in both watercolor and digital! I like the watercolor best on the bed but the sheets look better in digital ( like invitingly soft!)Loved the stories with them too!