Sunday, October 9, 2011

Contraption & Illustration Friday

Lego contraptions.
Today at the Library I had 19 kids listening to stories and then building with Lego. They created some interesting contraptions. Mostly spaceships with some wild aliens. It was fun watching how they worked in teams shared all the Lego and generally all got along, that is till it came time to clean up! This program really draws in the boys that would never come into the library otherwise!
Artists in Blogland challenge as well.

5 comments:

manomij said...

lovely drawing and I now must check out your blog. Nice meeting you.
Manonpopjes

bohemiannie! art said...

very cool - reminds me of my kids and their friends playing with our million and one legos - you captured the body language and focus so well!

Catharine said...

Thanks for the comments, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

Yes, boys & contraptions definitely go together. I taught elementary school for years & the boys were always excited on rainy days because I would pull out the legos. :) Great illustration!

Sharon E Sørensen said...

You have a very beautiful line - I'll be checking out the rest of your blog. Fantastic illustration.